These are a delicious and Low GL sweet treat to have with a tea or a coffee or after a meal and ideal for Christmas. They are easy to make and a great one to get children involved with. 2.5 GLs per serving.
100g dark chocolate (green and blacks or any other good quality chocolate)
40g of dried cherries (you can get theses in Holland and Barret)
40g pecan nuts
5 Nairns rough oatcakes (or 6 Nairns gluten free)
40g flaked almonds
Petit Four cases
- Heat the oven to 150/ 160C
- Put the almonds on a baking tray and cook in the oven until golden brown then allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- Blend all the ingredients except for the almonds in a blender until roughly chopped.
- Add the mixture with the flaked almonds to the melted chocolate and coat thoroughly.
- Spoon into 20 petit four cases.
- Chill in the fridge until set.