This soup can be served hot but is absolutely amazing served cold. For lunch serve with walnut bread, as a starter to an evening meal try crumbling some crispy bacon on the top.
900g fresh peas (could use frozen)
1 Litre chicken or vegetable stock (Marigold is a good choice)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic,cruched
½ tsp nutmeg
Salt & black pepper
2 limes, juice of
150ml ¼ pint crème fraiche or sour cream
- Place all the ingredients in a pan apart from the lime juice and the crème fraiche or sour cream.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Cool slightly and then puree.
- If serving hot, add the lime juice and bring back to the boil. Swirl in the crème fraiche or sour cream before serving.
- If serving cold, add the lime juice and the crème fraiche or sour cream, stir thoroughly and chill before serving.