This salad is a great way of using up left over turkey and makes an attractive, healthy and delicious lunch option to counter all the richness of traditional Christmas food.
The chestnuts make a great addition to this salad, adding some sweetness which is always lovely with cold meat.You can buy prepared chestnuts in the supermarket and they are a great standby to have in the cupboard at Christmas. They are brilliant for snacking on if you are feeling like something sweet but never the less healthy!
2 handfuls of spinach (baby spinach preferably)
2 sticks of celery chopped
1 medium to large beetroot, peeled and chopped
1 avocado, peel, stone and cut into strips
200g 8oz left over Turkey (preferably breast meat) cut into strips
2 small handfuls of chestnuts, chopped
French dressing or lemon juice and olive oil
- Take two large shallow salad bowls (traditional soup dishes work well for salads).
- Place a large handful of spinach in each dish.
- Scatter the celery and the beetroot over the spinach.
- Carefully arrange the turkey and avocado strips, alternating with each other.
- Sprinkle with the chestnuts.
- Drizzle over some french dressing or simple squeeze some lemon over the top with a drizzle of olive oil.