With the right ingredients and served with the right sides, curry can be a really healthy option. Serve with brown rice and green vegetables or a tomato, cucumber and yogurt salad.
(Serves 2 very hungry people or 3 not so hungry)
2tsp of coconut oil
1 onion peeled and chopped
1 thumb nail of chopped fresh ginger
1clove of garlic peeled and pressed
2 organic or free range chicken breasts
½ a Butternut squash peeled and grated
1 tsp each of ground cumin, turmeric and coriander
1 tsp of marigold vegetable stock or miso paste mixed with 10 fl. oz of boiling water
40g cashew nuts
½ a tin of coconut milk
- Melt 1 tsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and brown. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Melt the remaining oil in the pan and cook the onion and garlic gently for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the ginger, ground cumin, turmeric and coriander and cook for a minute or so.Add some of the
- stock if the pan is too dry.
- Add the butternut squash to the pan stirring to blend with the other ingredients.
- Put the chicken back in the pan along with the stock, coconut milk, and cashew nuts and cook for about
- 20 minutes. Add extra stock if needed.