These eggs are the perfect naughty but healthy snack which you can indulge on but without doing too much damage. Perfect too as a pre exercise snack to boost energy or post exercise snack too promote muscle repair and replenish glycogen levels. If it wasn’t Easter you could just mold them into balls rather than eggs.
125 g Juicy Medool dates (pitted weight)
85 g almonds or hazelnuts
75 g ground almonds
3 heaped tsp cocoa powder such as Green & Blacks
1 tsp vanilla extract
Generous pinch sea salt
Cocoa powder for dusting
- Chop the whole nuts finely. You could pulse in a food processor but be careful that you don’t end up with dust. I quite like to pulse the nuts a bit in a processor to begin to break up then tip the nuts out on to a chopping board then chop by hand.
- Put the Medool dates and blitz on their own for a while.
- Add all the other ingredients to the processor and mix till smooth.
- You want the mixture to be stiff enough to hold its own if molded but if it’s too stiff add a splash of boiling water.
- Add the chopped nuts and pulse to mix.
- Scoop out the mixture in heaped teaspoons, then mold with your fingers into the shape of small egg and place on a plate. The mixture should make about 16 eggs.
- On a separate plate sieve a few dessert spoons of cocoa powder. Roll the eggs one at a time in the cocoa powder.
If you’re wanting to improve your health check out my service page to view the various health programmes I have to offer.
Book your free 30-minute health assessment and lets talk.