This dish is a lovely combination of fresh zingy flavours and nice textures. The recipe suggests grilling the salmon but it could be steamed or baked. This is best served hot but it could be served cold so any left overs are great for a packed lunch the next day. This is a gluten and dairy free dish and would be suitable for a detox diet.
Ingredients (choose organic where possible)
225g (8oz) fresh broad beans (or frozen if making out of season)
Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper
60ml (4tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
4 Salmon fillets preferably line caught
Juice of 2 limes
4 Spring onions, very finely sliced
3 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Steam the beans until tender and set aside. When cool enough slip the beans out of their outer skin.
- Put the quinoa in a pan of boiling water and cook till soft (approx. 15minutes )
- Season the salmon fillets and cook on a medium/high grill for 4 or 5 minutes till cooked right through.
- Drain the couscous when it is cooked, place in a bowl and add in the lime juice, olive oil and season well. Stir in the mint and the broad beans the spoon the mixture onto a serving dish.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the quinoa mixture and sprinkle over the spring onions .