Coconut oil, for greasing
100g rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
½ lemon, zested
1 apple, cored and diced
300ml coconut milk
For the topping
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
150g pecans, roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4.
2. Grease a medium oven proof dish with coconut oil and set to one side.
3. Place the rolled oats, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon zest into a large bowl and mix well.
4. Add the apple and cranberries to the mixture and combine before spreading evenly in the oven proof dish.
5. In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and evenly pour the mixture on top of the dry ingredients in the oven proof dish.
6. Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat until melted. Turn off the heat and add the maple syrup. 7. Combine before pouring over the pecans. Massage well so that the pecans are covered, then sprinkle the nuts over the top of the baking tray.
8. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the oatmeal has set and the top is golden and crunchy.
9. To serve add a dollop of coconut yoghurt.
10. This can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 day